Sunday, March 24, 2013

New Life for this blog Book Review



Babylon Confidential



A Memoir of Love, Sex & Addiction

by Claudia Christian with Morgan Grant Buchanan

"Ivanova is always right.  You will listen to Ivanova."  I was late catching the Babylon 5 bug but once I did I watched it in reruns and on DVD enough to make up for it and become fan worthy.  I am even more of a fan of Claudia Christian now after reading this memoir.  You are awesome and this will do a lot of good.

It is a chronological journey from child to present, from trauma to healing and from addiction to sobriety.  Yeah, that pretty much covers it.  Oh all right.

Claudia hits on disappointment or trauma to healing and victory multiple times in her life and the story rolls through this book in waves.  Naturally the lows are self-explanatory but the highs are not always what you would expect and they paint depth into the image of her character.

One bit that I especially found interesting and irritating was the casting decision made to replace her in season 5 of Babylon 5.  Turns out that was only one show in a varied career for her.  The B5 fan in me satisfied I learned of the other struggles to maintain a career and residences always at the whim of a fickle industry and numerous romances one of which with a namesake I will disown right now.

I celebrate the victory that is your book and journey to balance Claudia.. You are sure it's not the Cmdr. Sinclair method?

Zathros 'No, not the One.'

I recommend this book to anyone who is allowed to decide what they want to read.

Getting your copy

No comments:

Post a Comment